Duckfat is a small sandwich shop that has it all: classic Belgian fries made with local Maine potatoes fried in duck fat, panini, soups, salads, charcuterie, sodas and milkshakes all made in house. Add a killer beer and wine list and you have Duckfat, a fun and unique dining destination in Portland, Maine.
Location & Hours
*Duckfat does not take reservations
Open Everyday 11am-10pm
43 Middle Street
We are a small, busy restaurant with limited dining space, so please keep a couple things in mind:
• Please send only one person into the restaurant to put your name on the wait list or to place a to-go order.
• We cannot seat parties larger than 8 people.
• We only have one table large enough to accommodate large parties, therefore wait times may be longer for larger parties.
• If you wish to split your party into smaller groupings for quicker service, we cannot serve the parties as one party. (You may be seating and eating at different times.)
• We have an electronic paging system so you may roam around the neighborhood while you wait. Because of our limited space, we ask that you don’t wait for your table inside the restaurant, however we recommend any of the following places to relax while you wait for your table:
Coffee By Design, India Street: Coffee, tea, baked goods
Tomaso’s Canteen, Hampshire Street: Small neighborhood bar
East Ender, Middle Street (next door to Duckfat): Large bar upstairs